Tuesday, May 3, 2011
Unit 6 ~ Biological Flourishing
My Integral Assessment has identified that I need to continue on my Biological Flourishing and that it has been the biggest distress in my life. This is something that I have known and struggled with for most of my adult life. Prior to KU I began my journey to better over all health and well being. I couldn't just make changes physically (this also encompassed nutritional changes) but I needed to learn how to stop sabotaging me. I needed to build up my self confidence and teach myself how to love me. I needed to stop beating myself up whenever I would have a set back and develop the mindset that it was just a bump in the road and not to let it get me off track. In addition, patience had to become one of my better virtues. This is something that I have always struggled with because I was the type of person who needed to see results quickly. It's kind of ironic for me because as we learn more about love - kindness and calm - abiding I find that I had been attempting to apply these practices to my everyday in efforts to put my mind in a better place. Learning about them now is an affirmation that I am on the right track. Things that I have done to continue my Biological Flourishing ~ I created a Self Affirmation that I have on my refrigerator. I read it everyday as a reminder. It expresses my love for self and that in doing do I am so much better for everyone else in my life. I keep God first ~ I have learned to be patience, sit still, and listen for Him to guide me. When I tell people this they often ask me where is it He is guiding me....my answer is that I do not know but I do know that I am getting there. I know this because I am filled with a content and peace that at times is overwhelming. Even with my developing in my Biological Flourishing, this has been one of the most difficult journeys in my life but at the same time the most enjoyable. I have learned so much and been able to really focus on the truly measurable aspects of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment