Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Unit 7 ~ Practice What You Preach
"One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself”~ I completely agree with this statement. It is very difficult and to some degree hypocritical to mentor, teach, train, and develop someone in any area that you are not well versed in or that you have experienced yourself. I have a doctor who would tell me about my weight and all the consequences that can arise from being overweight. Although I know he is trained in this profession he tells me this as he sits across his desk from me with a MCDonald's bag sitting on his desk. In addition, he himself is morbidly obese. As a professional in your field of choice (medical, fitness, education, and ect) you need to lead by example and be able to really provide a testimony to what it is you are trying to teach someone else. The passion for what you do needs to be conveyed to and received by your client/patient.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment