Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Unit 8 ~ Optimal Well - Being

I have really enjoyed what I have learned thus far throughout this course. The different methods of training the mind in efforts to achieve integral health have all been beneficial. The two practices that I enjoy the most and will continue to incorporate into my everyday routine are meditation and visualization. Both of them are practices that I have already been using but with the information from the readings I believe I have been able to fine tune them so to speak. For my own personal benefit I believe that both of these practices are the foundation of integral health. Meditation brings me to a focal point and allows for me to be able to navigate throughout my days with a clear mind, a loving kindness, and peace. It eliminates all the unnecessary noise around me and enables me to be able to focus on all the more important things. I use visualization in many different areas of my life. I use it as a motivational technique when I am exercising. I keep my goal of achieving a healthy body weight in the for front of all my thoughts. I visualize the end result ~ a sleek, slender, sexier me!!! I use it when I meditate, visualizing the ocean beach front and the warm sand. Both meditation and visualization have both been instrumental in fostering optimal health and will continue to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment