Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Unit 3 ~ Reflection


Hey All ~ Unit 3 has been a great one!! I have really enjoyed digging more into integral healing in Chapter 4 and 5. This is some good stuff!!!!


Well let me share my reflections with everyone. This process of self reflection is something that I went through about 4 years ago and in doing so made some very drastic life changes. It was my opportunity to detox my life and get rid of what was bad. This included ending an 18 year relationship with my kids' father, leaving my employer of 15 years, and relocating to an area where I had one friend and no family ~ it was the best decision I ever made. Now don't get me wrong along the way there had been some challenges. For example, after moving it had become apparent that the transition to the south (I moved from Chicago to Georgia) was not good for everyone. My teenage son really began to suffer showing signs of depression. So we (myself and his dad) decided it was best for him to move back to Chicago letting him finish out school with all his friends he had grown up with. That was the hardest thing I ever had to do and in addition this move would separate him and his younger sister. Ultimately, it has worked out. We all miss each other terribly, but we spend a lot of time Skyping and there is a lot of air travel back and forth.


My physical, spiritual, and psychological well - being are in 3 different places in regards to development. First I'll start with my physical. This area was the driving force that made me take my self inventory of my life. At the time, my health was extremely less than stellar ~ I was diagnosed with high blood pressure, high cholesterol, was pre-diabetic. In addition, I was morbidly obese. My doctor told me very matter of fact that if I didn't get myself together I wouldn't live past 36....OUCH!!!! Not something you want to hear but it was what I needed to hear. So with that said it was time for a serious overhaul (as I stated above). The night before my 36th BDay I prayed and prayed and prayed.....I also didn't sleep much that night because I was scared that I wouldn't wake up. That was a year after I had moved and I had already began to make some of the necessary changes ~ exercising daily, eating right, began my spiritual healing beginning with my relationship with God. Physically I have come a long way (no more HBP, no high cholesterol, controlled blood sugar, and weight loss of 67 lbs). While I still have a ways to go to achieve optimal health I would say that I am at a 6 on a scale of 1 - 10.


Spiritually I am growing. I do believe that my move 4 years ago was Devine Intervention. There were so many signs in my life that were showing me what was bad and I always chopped it up to coincidence or woman's intuition when now I see that it was God showing me His path that He has already planned for me and all I needed to do was follow. I was stubborn but have since learned to sit still, listen, and receive in store for me. In doing so I have experienced an inner peace, calm, and contentedness that is hard to describe to someone and in order to gain a complete understanding you really do have to experience it. I am still growing and walking in my spirituality and I do fall sometimes. With that being the case I would say that I am a 7 on a scale of 1 - 10 with my spirituality.


Because I have grown in my spirituality I believe that has put me in a better place psychologically. I have a constant peace of mind. Little things that used to stress me out don't even phase me anymore. I don't get angry and I don't argue. Some folks seem to think that is a not so good trait. They might say that instead of me expressing my emotions that I keep them locked down. I have to disagree ~ I am very happy in my life. When I say "good morning" I mean "good morning". When someone ask me how I am doing and I tell them, "I am blessed!!!" that is exactly what I mean. I have come to a place in my life that I keep the negativity away and if someone is around me who is negative I just let them know that they cannot steal my joy. I am sure I sound like I'm skipping around all day long singing "JOY, JOY, JOY"...well, I am!!!! I feel good and am in a wonderful place mentally!!! So here I am giving myself an 8.


Goals that I have developed for myself have been getting physically fit. This plan has been in place for a few years and will continue for life. Right now I am still on track to reach my specific goals and once achieved there will always be the maintenance. It's something I am enjoying and as I reach new milestones I re-evaluate my plan and set new goals with new rewards. For example, I will be going to Montego Bay in July for some "me time" to enjoy the beach and the sun!!! It's been a long time since I have even thought about going to a beach!!! Spiritually I will continue to feed my soul with the Word. Everyone has a different walk with God and I am doing just fine with mine.


The Rainbow Meditation drives me nuts. Although his techniques work very well in getting you into a relaxation state his voice annoys me. Maybe it's because I typically like to meditate with my own voice internally and my own thoughts. Not someone prompting me to do so.


Everyone have a blessed evening and see ya' on the discussion board and seminar!!!!


Kandi

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the rainbow meditation. I find my own voice or someone that I know to be easier to listen to. I also have difficulties if the English isn't their first language. I get distracted by the accent (love an Australian accent, but I won't be listening to the meditation).
    I appreciate your post and your sharing what your life has been like over the last years. Moving and making life changes are hard. I have done them as a single parent when my children were young. Very hard, but in the end it was worth it. I wish you the best of luck.
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete