Tuesday, April 5, 2011
Unit 2 ~ The Journey Reflection
I have been practicing meditation for about 3 years now. I had been recently diagnosed with high blood pressure and was prescribed pills to regulate my blood pressure. To me that was a sign of defeat. I didn't want to become dependent on a pill to control something that I should be able to manage. My first experience with meditation was from a "how to meditate" quick course online. It went over the basics of how to breathe and focus during the meditative state. I remember sitting in the dark at my computer desk and I began to follow the suggested breathing techniques. If I lost focus I would regroup myself and get back into the breathing. About 15 minutes into it I felt a sense of calm come over me. I felt my body release and sink into my chair. At first I was a bit startled but I didn't let that break my meditation because it really felt good. From that moment on I was sold on being able to use meditation to relax, relieve stress, and to focus during workouts. When I started listening to the Journey my goal was to be able to redirect the blood to my head since I was experiencing a headache at the time. I was able to get relaxed using the same type of breathing techniques but for me the voice in the background is distracting. It is a good audio to help someone who needs or likes to have a voice directing them on the "how to's".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment